5 Steps to Better Health
For the past 4 years, I have committed myself to a new, healthy lifestyle, and for the past 3 and a half years, I’ve been helping others do the same! I came to a point in my life where I was unhappy, out of shape, and very down on myself, and knew that if I didn’t change things at that moment that my life, especially my health, could possibly spiral out of control. I wasn’t about to let that happen and decided to do something about it. After searching for something that could help me change, I randomly came across a P90X infomercial late one night, and for whatever reason, I felt that the program was for me. That night I decided to order it, and it literally changed my life around, helping me lose 25 lbs, get into the best shape of my life, and feeling the most confident about myself than I’ve ever been before! Since then, I have been able to learn quite a few things about health and fitness, help change literally thousands of lives, and have discovered what it takes to be successful, and that’s why I decided to write this post.
Here are my 5 steps to better health!
(1) Be mentally prepared for change. Most people will say that they are ready to lose weight, get into the best shape of their life, etc., but they aren’t mentally prepared to do so. They aren’t ready for the amount of hard work, sacrifices, and the commitment that’s involved to make great changes. You have to get to the point where you say “enough is enough” and are willing to do what it takes to reach your goals!
(2) Find support. One of the great things about what I do as a Beachbody Coach is that I’m here to support people through various Beachbody Programs, and because of that support, people have a greater chance of staying committed over a longer period of time. Too many people try to change their health on their own, but because they don’t have anyone to go to when they have questions, someone there to encourage and support them every day, they are more than likely to fall off the wagon and go back to their old, unhealthy ways. When I was going through P90X for the first time, my coach was there to support me 100% of the way, and because of that additional support, I was able to stay committed for the entire 90 days and get into excellent shape. If you’re going through or want to go through a Beachbody Program, you can make me your coach by clicking here!
(3) COMMIT TO THE DIET! I can’t stress this enough! One of the biggest factors in my results with P90X was the fact that I followed the P90X Nutrition Guide as close as possible. My diet was TERRIBLE before P90X, and I knew that if I wanted to change, I needed to make sure I followed the diet strictly, so I did. Now, I tell all the people that I coach that results come from 80% diet and 20% workouts, and that’s not an exaggeration either!
(4) Don’t sacrifice quality for price. When it comes to something like your health, you can’t afford to! It’s so unfortunate that there are so many “health” products out there that are not even close to being healthy. Added preservatives, sugar, chemicals, etc. just to make something taste good are ways to cut corners to lower the cost of the product. What the majority of people don’t understand is that the cheaper something is, there’s a huge chance that the quality suffers as well. There are many meal replacement shakes, protein bars, pills out there that claim to help you lose weight and are good for you, but in reality it’s not benefiting you at all. After doing a TON of research on products over the years, I have come across (and have been taking) quite a few that I’m positive are of great quality, such as Shakeology! I’ve been using that as a meal replacement for lunch for the past 2 years now, and it’s one of the best things that I have done for my health.
(5) Be in it for the long run! I can’t tell you how many times I’ve seen people go through a round of P90X, get great results, but think that they can just go back to eating whatever they want and work out here and there and still remain in great shape. IT DOESN’T WORK THAT WAY! If you’re going to start, make it a priority to commit to a LIFESTYLE change, not just a 90 day change. Once you work out and eat healthy every day over a period of time, it becomes routine and second nature to where you just do it, not having to think about it whatsoever.
If you’re looking to finally get healthy, like I said above, I CAN HELP! That’s what I do, and I’d love to help you reach your fitness goals. If you have any questions, feel free to email me at email@example.com!