I wanted to take some time and let you all in on the things that I am most thankful for on this Thanksgiving day.
(1) My family. Family is everything to me, and not only have I been very fortunate to grow up in an amazing household, but I have an absolutely wonderful family of my own now. My parents and grandparents have been nothing but positive influences on me, and have literally molded me into the person that I am today. When you talk about people with integrity, determination, ambition, genuineness, kindness, positive attitude, who are caring, strong willed, passionate, ethical, religious, and giving, they absolutely top the list! I truly have been blessed to have these people in my life, and I am very thankful for all they have taught me and for the amount of love they have given me over the years.
On top of having an amazing family to grow up with, I now have a family of my own. I can’t tell you how thankful I am that Melinda and Madison have been brought into my life. In fact, I thank God every single day because without them, I can honestly say that I wouldn’t be complete. Melinda is my soul mate, and I have never met someone that puts others before themselves more than she does. She has brought clarity and balance to my life and without her, I wouldn’t be where I am today. I love her with all of my heart, and am truly blessed to be loved back just as much. Madison is my little girl who is an energetic, adorable, wonderful gift that God has brought into my life! She completes our family, and is always able to bring forth a smile when things are tough, something we need in times of struggle and sadness. God has blessed me by bringing Melinda and Madison into my life, and for them I am thankful.
(2) My friends. I have absolutely amazing friends who would stop on a dime and help out in time of need. These people are always there when I need anything or if I need to vent, and are always there to guide me through a tough situation. They are people that I trust, who trust in me, and care about me just as much as I care about them. My friends are also people who I have an absolutely amazing time with no matter what we do, whether it’s go out for a few drinks, go on vacations together, play laser tag, golf, travel with, sit and talk, or just stay in and play Guitar Hero. For my friends I am completely grateful.
(3) My career. As a full time Star Diamond Beachbody Coach, my job is to help people get into shape and feel great about themselves again, as well as guide my team to financial freedom and make amazing friends in the process. I get to wake up every morning, work from home, have the freedom to take breaks and enjoy life, all while having a positive impact on other people’s lives. To be honest, there isn’t a career out there that is more fulfilling, and one that I couldn’t be more passionate about. On top of that, I get to experience financial freedom when just two years ago I was living paycheck to paycheck, barely being able to afford a one bedroom apartment. To be able to say that I love and am passionate about my job is an oddity in itself, and for that I am thankful!
(4) My health. I have to also include Beachbody in this because if it wasn’t for their programs and products, I would never be where I am today in terms of my health. P90X and Shakeology have shifted my thinking from not caring about my health to making healthy decisions every day so that I’m here to support my family and enjoy life for a very long time. P90X was the program that I started off with, and is what helped me lose 25 lbs and literally get into the best shape of my life, and Shakeology is what keeps me energized and healthy on the inside. I am very thankful to be healthy, especially when there are so many people out there who struggle day to day with the way they feel and look.
(5) My mentors. There are some people like Craig Holiday, Traci Morrow, Larry Zimberg, Carl Daikeler, and Denise Needham that have had such a positive influence on my life and success by teaching me not only how to do things the right way concerning my career, but also with my relationships and personal development. These are people that I look up to, and I will always shut my mouth and open my ears whenever they have advice or guidance. To be able to have such wonderful, caring, knowledgeable, mentors in my life I am completely thankful.