One of the most common excuses that I hear about not being to commit to a healthy diet is “I don’t have time to eat healthy.” For those of you who are daily readers of my posts on my site, you know that I’m not a big fan of excuses. Excuses are something that people create to justify their failures. However, there are many of you who might be crunched on time and just don’t have the knowledge to eat healthy while being limited with the amount of time you have to prepare meals. To help you out, I have included 5 healthy eating tips while being short on time.
(1) Prepare meals ahead of time. When my fiancé and I know we will be very busy the next day, we will prepare our meals the night before. It’s very easy to prepare something the night before and then stick it in the fridge or freezer. Then, all you have to do is warm it up when you get home.
(2) Keep it simple. There are so many meals that are very easy to prepare that won’t take up too much of your time. One is whole grain spaghetti and light marinara sauce. What is simpler than throwing a handful of noodles in a boiling pan for 15 minutes? Another quick and healthy meal to prepare is sliced turkey on a whole grain bun with an apple. If you don’t have time to go out to eat for lunch while at work, then this is a great meal to take with you.
(3) Frozen side dishes. One thing that my fiancé and I do quite often is purchase huge bags of frozen vegetables because they are so easy to prepare. About 5 minutes before dinner, we throw them in a glass dish with a tiny bit of water and put them in the microwave for a few minutes. Not too long after that we have a healthy side dish.
(4) Carry around healthy snacks. If you just don’t have the time to eat, then carry around healthy snacks so that you don’t indulge in those unhealthy snacks you find in vending machines. Some healthy snacks include whole grain crackers, protein bars, beef jerky, and nuts.
(5) Meal replacements. Because I’m so short on time every day, I use Shakeology for lunch, which takes about 3 minutes to prepare. I blend it with almond milk, a banana, and ice. This way I know I’m putting healthy calories in my body and it doesn’t take up too much of my time. Plus, it tastes amazing!
Now you know some healthy eating tips, and no, you don’t need to prepare a fancy 2 hour meal in order to eat healthy. If you’re serious about losing weight and getting healthy, you won’t use time as an excuse anymore! Use these 5 tips to help you eat healthy while being short on time.
Check out my Shakeology Reviews!