Most people on a healthy diet are always looking for great snack ideas to help them get in their 5 meals during the day. It’s easy to find snacks that are high in carbs, but what about healthy protein snacks? Over the course of a few years since being on P90X, I’ve discovered some great healthy protein snacks to help me get through the day.
Healthy Protein Snacks
- Cottage Cheese. Cottage cheese is a great snack that is high in protein, but you need to make sure it’s Fat-Free or 1%. Personally, I like 1% better because of the taste. Fat Free doesn’t taste too good.
- Beef Jerky. This is actually one of the snacks that I like to take with me on long trips. Beef jerky is very high in protein and usually pretty lean, making it low in fat.
- Protein Bars. I absolutely love the P90X protein bars and like to eat them on trips and vacations.
- Almonds. For the past few weeks, I’ve been eating about 10 almonds as my mid-afternoon snack because it’s recommended in the Brazil Butt Lift Nutrition Guide. Make sure they’re aren’t salted!
- Peanut Butter. This is one of my personal favorites and something I think I might be addicted to! I will use JIF Natural Peanut butter as one of my snacks throughout the day. However, you have to be careful you don’t go overboard because peanut butter can be very high in fat.
Now you guys have some healthy protein snacks to get you through the day!
Click on the picture below to learn more about the P90X Protein Bars!