When I was going through my first round of P90X, the thing that I had the toughest time with, which I’m pretty sure everyone struggles with at first, is the diet. I was so accustomed to eating crappy food every day, and to go from doing that to 100% clean eating is tough. The toughest part about it was knowing what was healthy, what exactly to eat, when to eat it, and what I could substitute for the foods that I didn’t particularly enjoy. I followed the P90X Nutrition Guide as close as possible, but with being a bachelor and living on my own, there was no way I was going to be spending an hour or so preparing a meal. I am one of those guys who likes to make something quick and get on with what I was doing. So what I did was modify the P90X Nutrition Guide so that I was eating foods that were simple to make, but yet still very healthy for me. Since I had no idea what I was doing when it came to the kitchen, that meant eating the same things every single day, mostly tilapia and chicken. I really needed something to help me with my diet during the 2nd round of the program, and that’s when I started using the customized meal planner that comes with the Club Membership.
I’m not going to lie, the old customized meal planner was OK at best. It came in handy when I needed additional recipes, but I couldn’t add the specific supplements I was using and the meals were very limited. When I heard that Beachbody was making some major changes to the customized meal planner tool, I knew that it would be good because they go all out when trying to improve something. When they finally got it finished, I was very surprised at the awesome changes that they made. Here are some of the highlights of all the features of the new meal planner.
- Now, the customized meal planner takes in consideration different supplements that you use, such as Shakeology. Since I use Shakeology as a meal replacement every day, it now lets me add that in there, when it didn’t before.
- It creates a meal plan based on your goals, whether you’re looking to lose weight or gain mass, and takes into consideration the type of workout program you’re using and daily activity.
- You can customize the meal plan to go along with the P90X Nutrition Guide, which I felt was a major improvement!
- For every meal that they list, you can click on it and get the recipe, nutritional information, and the exchange information, meaning if you want to replace it with something else, it will show you what category of food you can use to do so.
- Most meals aren’t tough to make and don’t take too long. This is an important one for me since I am always so busy!
- It gives you all kinds of tips on what to do when eating out.
- There are quite a few recipes that are absolutely amazing!
- You can substitute in your own foods and find out their nutritional value, and whether or not that food will help you stay on track with your goals.
When it’s all said and done, the meal planner is amazing, and something that I recommend to everyone! I’ve been using this thing for over two years now, and it’s been very helpful in keeping me on track and by providing some great healthy recipes for both Melinda and I. Click here to learn more about the Club Membership and how you start getting your own personalized meal plans.