As most of you know, eating properly is extremely important when going through any workout program if you want great results. The fact is that if you don’t incorporate a healthy diet into your workout routine, you will never reach your fitness goals. The reason we are an overweight nation is because of our unhealthy eating habits! Change the way you eat, start a workout regimen, and you will consistently lose weight and body fat. It’s as simple as that!
The workout program that I’m currently going through is Insanity. For those of you who haven’t heard of Insanity before, it literally might be the toughest program ever created. I thought that I really had to push myself with P90X, but Insanity really tests your limits. Instead of being outside your comfort zone for half the workout like you do with P90X, you are outside your comfort zone for about 90% of Insanity! The reason is because the program involves max interval training, which just means that you’re doing super intense cardio the majority of the time where your heart rate is very high. Since you burn so many calories with Insanity, it’s important for you to eat healthy, so I’ve decided to post a sample Insanity diet. Even though I’m not following the Insanity Nutrition Book, this will give you an idea as to what kind of foods you can eat.
- Giant Eagle Whole Wheat Bagel with 1 Tablespoon of JIF Natural Peanut Butter, a teaspoon of cinnamon, and 2 Packets Splenda
- 6 Egg Whites and 2 Whole Eggs (scrambled)
- 3 slices Butterball Turkey Bacon
- 1 Cup Coffee with Coffeemate Sugar Free Hazelnut Creamer
- P90X Protein Bar
- Chocolate Shakeology blended with 6 oz. Blue Diamond Original Almond Milk, a banana, 1 scoop chocolate whey protein, and 8 ice cubes
- 8 slices Hormel Turkey Pepperoni
- 1 Reduced Fat String Cheese
- 2 Giant Eagle 99% fat free Grilled Chicken Breasts
- 1 cup Peas
- 1/2 cup Asparagus
- 1 tablespoon of JIF Natural Peanut Butter with 1 tablespoon Jello Sugar Free Cheesecake Pudding, topped with 1 tablespoon of Giant Eagle Light Whipped Topping
Now you all know what my Insanity sample diet looks like! Remember, this is just to give you some ideas for some food options. You should still follow the Insanity Diet Book that comes with the program, but this should give you some foods that you can incorporate into that diet! Oh and if you have any questions, you can make me your coach and I will be here to help you out!
Interested in Insanity? Click here to learn more!